My Aunt Nancy shared this idea with me. This morning when my mom and I were walking Sparty I saw this split dead leaf that fell from the palm tree. My Aunt used a different part of the leaf, so you can use what you find. The key is to spilt it, so you have Rudolph’s antlers. All you need to add is a red Pom-Pom for his nose and two little wiggle eyes. I used the hot glue to place the goodies on. I used a simple ribbon to the back so I could hang it on the tree. This is a great idea to share with your friends and family.
I needed something to display all my christmas cards this year. So I looked on Pinterest and got some ideas. I had some old photo frames sitting around the house, that Sparty chewed on 🙂 some red ribbon and old Christmas cards. So I put them together and here is what I got!
Here is what you need to make it!
Hot glue gun
Photo frame (or any type of sign)
Old Christmas cards
Suction cups or nail (to hang)
Here’s how to make it!
Warm up your hot glue gun and size the old Christmas cards to fit inside the frame.
Hot glue the ribbon to the back of the photo frame so it hangs long enough to pin your new Christmas cards you will get in the mail.
If you have extra ribbon tie a bow and glue it to the front.
Once everything is dry, hang your frame and add your cards with clothespins!
My Aunt Nancy gave me these wicker chairs when we bought our new house. She said they had been painted almost every color in the book, so it was my turn to start with a fresh look. When we picked them up they were blue with a stripped blue and white cushion. The color theme in our house is all natural tones, so lots of browns and greens. I decided to paint them brown.
The outside work spray painting the chairs.
Supplies: Brown Spray paint, 6 bottles, indoor/outdoor for wicker and drop clothes and face mask.
It took me 2 days to spray both chairs as I had to spray 2 coats to completely cover all the blue. The first day I went horizontally as I sprayed, the second day, vertically, ensuring full coverage.
The inside work – recovering the cushions.
Supplies: Sewing Machine, 2 yards of material, some pins, Velcro, and thread.
For those of you who know my sewing style, I hate patterns. So I winged it as usual. I took a yard for each cushion and pinned it, inside out to each cushion, so I could use the shape as a guideline. Once I had the u-shaped material sewn, I used velcro to close off the back cover of the cushion.
I think they turned out pretty well. I bought the throw pillows at Kmart on sale, buy 1 get one 50% off.
The outside work
The finished product