Do you have tee-shirts that you are attached to, but you just don’t wear them as much anymore? Maybe the first concert you went to or a race you ran in? Well this is the perfect chance to change that tee-shirt into something “New”. Here is another neat craft project I found on Pinterest.
This blog provided a tutorial to turn a tee-shirt into a tank top and the instructions were great! Crafterhours Tee to Tank: A Tutorial by Jen from Upcycled Education
I changed a few of my tee-shirts into a new tank. Check out the blog above for the tutorial and make some of your own!
So my Mom and Dad brought some “stuff” down from Pennsylvania in August. Most of it was crap left in my old room. A glass photo frame, made it to Land O’ Lakes, but the glass broke when we were unloading the car. Well you know me, I was determined to still use the photo frame for something.
Back in 2010, I started running. In 2011, I ran in my first race, a 15k here in Tampa. After that, I ran in 5 more that year. So I thought, I need something to hang my medals and race bibs. The bibs would be easy since they still have the safety pins attached. It’s the medals I would need something to attach them to. Here is what I came up with, a recovered cloth photo frame with heavy ribbon strung from side to side.
Supplies: Hot glue gun, cloth/material, ribbons, old frame
How to do it:
Start by hot gluing the top of the frame to the material. Remember once you get to the opposite side, start pulling it tight when you are gluing. Keeping it taut is the most important part. Once you have finished gluing the material, grab the ribbon (other ideas shoelaces, hemp, men’s ties) and measure enough to fit side to side. Start hot gluing those ribbons, in any pattern you desire. I went horizontally and criss-crossed.
You can really use this for anything, medals for any sport, ribbons from the Fair, or even pictures.
My Aunt Nancy gave me these wicker chairs when we bought our new house. She said they had been painted almost every color in the book, so it was my turn to start with a fresh look. When we picked them up they were blue with a stripped blue and white cushion. The color theme in our house is all natural tones, so lots of browns and greens. I decided to paint them brown.
The outside work spray painting the chairs.
Supplies: Brown Spray paint, 6 bottles, indoor/outdoor for wicker and drop clothes and face mask.
It took me 2 days to spray both chairs as I had to spray 2 coats to completely cover all the blue. The first day I went horizontally as I sprayed, the second day, vertically, ensuring full coverage.
The inside work – recovering the cushions.
Supplies: Sewing Machine, 2 yards of material, some pins, Velcro, and thread.
For those of you who know my sewing style, I hate patterns. So I winged it as usual. I took a yard for each cushion and pinned it, inside out to each cushion, so I could use the shape as a guideline. Once I had the u-shaped material sewn, I used velcro to close off the back cover of the cushion.
I think they turned out pretty well. I bought the throw pillows at Kmart on sale, buy 1 get one 50% off.
The outside work
The finished product